Saturday 21 July 2012

The Gunslinger's Invitation


I have seen into the belly of the beast
and it is ugly 

I am Charon.
The el train from hell
is the ferry, midworld
 the river Styx
(and we are crossing it
fast, fast, so incredibly fast)
Flash fire on the tracks
ozone and brimstone.
There is char on
the el train from hell. 
Welcome home, love.

I have seen into the belly of the beast
and it is hungry 

This is the same 
rotting world
I brought you to before.
Before the cracks
had widened
Before their tricks
had started devils dancing
in your mind
Midworld is the river
and this is hell.
Welcome home, love. 

I have put paid to the beast
twin guns roaring thunder
in the mountains
on the plains
in the desert
on sandy beaches
in the forest
on your world
in my mind
on your conscience
in good time
I have put paid to the beast
but it will not die.

You do not need
to give me gold
All I need 
is your soul. 
We will cross the river Styx
Ozone and brimstone
speed on
the el train from hell
towards that black
bloodied 
horizon.
Welcome home, love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment