That's right, ladies and gents, a fabulous duct tape rose.
. . .to put in your hair!
Roll of duct tape
Two bobby pins.
I modified the instructions from http://www.instructables.com/id/Duct-Tape-Rose/. For basic instructions, go there. Below are my modifications:
1) I used a bobby pin instead of wire. I began wrapping the petals over the open end of the pin, leaving the closed end as a loop.
2) I made my petals more sloppy, not always with an even point, often using jagged squares, which I felt lent greater authenticity to the "petal" shapes. You know, because roses are obviously silver.
3) I folded down some of the outer petals at the end
4) Finally, once the rose looked rose-ish enough, I used a thin strip of tape to wrap around the bottom edge of the petals, keeping them bent open, and around part of the hair pin.
5) THEN, I hooked the second hair pin through the loop of the first, which holds the rose in place in ur hairs.
\o/ and now we all know why I don't make things very often. Happy Friday!