2 large onions, chopped
4 -5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
3 -4 medium bell peppers, seeded and chopped (any color)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup saurkraut
3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped and juices reserved
2 cups water
3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 (12 ounce) package frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1/2 lemon, juice of
1 -2 teaspoon paprika
1.Heat the oil in a large stewpot or Dutch oven.
2. Add the onion, carrots, and peppers. Saute over medium heat until onions are transparent. (About 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic, potatoes, and cabbage. If using kohlrabi add it now. Saute for about 3 minutes.
4. Add water and tomatoes, salt and pepper, and thyme and paprika. Bring to a boil.
5.Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are almost tender.
6. Simmer, covered for about 20 more minutes or until the vegetables are soft and flavors have blended.
7. Add frozen peas, fresh herbs, and lemon juice. Cook for five minutes with the cover on.
8. Serve hot with rice.